GRADE 12 MATHEMATICS | Advanced Functions
Course Code: MHF4U
Prerequisite: Grade 11 Functions, University Prep (MCR3U)
This course extends your experience with functions. You will investigate the properties of polynomial, rational, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions; develop techniques for combining functions; broaden your understanding of rates of change; and develop facility in applying these concepts and skills. You will also refine your use of the mathematical processes necessary for success in senior mathematics. This course is intended both for students taking the Calculus and Vectors course as a prerequisite for a university program and for those wishing to consolidate their understanding of mathematics before proceeding to any one of a variety of university programs
UNITS OF STUDY AND APPROXIMATE TIME FOR COMPLETION:
- Characteristics of Functions and Rate of Change ~ 15 hrs
- Polynomial Functions ~ 25 hrs
- Rational Functions ~ 15 hrs.
- Trigonometric Functions ~ 20 hrs.
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions ~ 30 hrs.
- Review and Final Exam ~ 5 hrs