GRADE 12 MATHEMATICS | Data Management
Course Code: MDM4U
Prerequisite: Grade 11 Functions, University Prep (MCR3U)
This course broadens your understanding of mathematics as it relates to managing data. You will apply methods for organizing and analysing large amounts of information; apply counting techniques, probability, and statistics in modelling and solving problems; and carry out a data management investigation that integrates the expectations of the course. Students planning to pursue university programs in business, the social sciences, or the humanities will find this course of particular interest.
UNITS OF STUDY AND APPROXIMATE TIME FOR COMPLETION:
- Counting and Probability ~ 25 hrs
- Organization of Data for Analysis ~ 25 hrs
- Probability Distributions of Discrete Data~ 20 hrs.
- Probability Distributions of Continuous Data~ 20 hrs.
- Two-variable Data Analysis ~ 15 hrs.
- Review and Final Exam ~ 5 hrs