The Best Offense is a Good Defense
We’re Working Diligently to Keep Our Facility, Members, and Staff Safe and Informed
QSLA is continually consulting with local and provincial government health officials, and supplementing those overarching guidelines with the Canada Basketball ‘Return to Basketball’ evolving protocols, to create a safe environment to protect players, families, and our community, while allowing for the resumption of training and participation in basketball related activities.
- One time signature: All participants (or if under 18 years of age, their parent/guardian), prior to coming to our facility, are required to complete the Assumption of Risk waiver that includes notice about the contagion exclusion.
- Daily Screening form must be signed prior to every entrance to our facility.
- No one should enter the facility if they, a household member, or close contact are feeling sick or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- The BallMatics Academy has an entry procedure in place, developed in consultation with local and provincial standards and recommendations. This includes:
- Symptoms checklist
- Entry waivers
- Attendance tracking
- Temperature checks.
- QSLA has developed a COVID-19 Management Plan. We invite you to view it before you enter our facility.
- QSLA Occupational Health Officer is responsible for the ongoing management and oversight of the training and other activities occurring onsite.
- QSLA Occupational Health Officer is also responsible for ensuring that recent and relevant information regarding COVID-19 is regularly circulated to participants.
- Entry to the BallMatics Academy is regulated by time.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at each entry point within the facility.
- All players are encouraged to bring their own basketball, which are sanitized upon entry to the facility.
- Court scheduling is staggered to allow for a buffer (15 minutes) between the conclusion of one session and the start of the next session. This allows time for departure of the previous group and for the appropriate disinfecting procedures of surfaces and equipment (ex. basketballs, pylons).
- Spaces are marked in the facility to ensure physical distancing measures are implemented while waiting to access the court.
- We use Government of Canada approved products for cleaning, and we use them according to product instructions with respect to requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE) during use and for required dwell time after application.
- We have a rigorous approach to the systematic cleaning of all playing areas, equipment, participant bags area and surfaces after every practice.
- Communal spaces (ex. water fountain, general seating areas) will remain closed to the general public in accordance with current public gathering restriction levels.
- QSLA has implemented methods and locations to safely dispose of PPE and these are made available to all attendees.
- All participants are encouraged to enter, exit and train in the most efficient way possible to minimize unnecessary contact.
- Participation in the on-court activities is voluntary and not a requirement.
- QSLA takes full attendance and contact information for every person present at every session. We must be able to present this to Toronto Public Health (TPH), if required.
- Participants should NOT train or access the facility, if they meet any of the following criteria:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are awaiting to hear the results of a lab test for COVID-19
- You have symptoms of COVID-19, even if mild
- You have been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19
- You have been told by TPH that you may have been exposed to COVID-19
- You have returned from travel outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- You have returned from another province within Canada with symptoms of COVID-19
- Should an individual exhibit symptoms while in the facility, they are required to immediately notify a coach, leave the facility as soon as possible and contact their physician for further advice.
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms are strongly encouraged to seek a COVID-19 test as soon as possible.
- After an individual exhibiting symptoms has safely left the facility, any space that the participant may have accessed will be cleaned and decontaminated before they can be used.
- Participants are required to bring the following items. Each item must be clearly marked and NOT be shared with others:
- Water bottles filled at home (with water)
- Sanitization products including (but not limited to):
- Gel sanitizer (>70% alcohol base)
- Disinfectant wipes
- Tissue paper
- Any necessary medical supplies
- Personal single-use food items (ex. granola bars)
- Participants are strongly encouraged to leave any unnecessary and non-basketball personal items (ex. cellphones) outside of the facility. When this is not possible, all personal items must be kept inside a personal bag, which is placed in an isolated, marked area on the court.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES
- Two (2) metres of physical distancing (linear separation between individuals in all directions) should be maintained at all times. This is equivalent to MINIMUM of 4 square metres of floor space per participant.
- One coach is positioned centrally on the court where they can communicate with all players.
- Physical distancing guidelines are strictly followed at all times when coaches are interacting with players (workouts, instruction, etc.)
- Unnecessary physical contact (ex. high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
- Players must NOT enter the facility more than 10 minutes before their scheduled time on the court. If arriving early, participants are asked to stay in the car (with guardians) instead of forming a group outside the facility.
- Participants must clean their hands with hand sanitizer upon:
- Entering and exiting the facility
- Entering/exiting the court
- During every break in training (ex. water break, rest, etc.)
- Participants are encouraged to come to the facility “dressed to play”
- Participants are encouraged to use the washroom at home prior to leaving their homes. Washrooms are accessible on site, and are cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Spectators are prohibited.
- All parents and guardians are screened, must use hand disinfectant, and must practice physical distancing from everyone other than their player, while at the QSLA centre.
Ontario Government COVID-19 Updates